Search Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensions to find documents related to soldier pensions.
The date of admission to out-pensioners gives an indication as to when the soldier retired from the armed forces. Information also includes:
- the rate of pension paid
- when a pension was expired, reduced, renewed, or increased
- soldiers’ change of address
- date of death
To narrow your search results in Findmypast to WO 22 - Royal Hospital Chelsea: Returns Of Payment Of Army and Other Pensions 1842-1883:
- Go to British Army Service Records
- Start typing WO 22 in the 'SERIES' field
- Select WO 22 - Royal Hospital Chelsea: Returns Of Payment Of Army and Other Pensions 1842-1883:
- Enter the soldier name and regiment in the relevant fields.
- In your search results, you can choose from a transcript, or see an image of the original document.